Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oatmeal


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 Cup GF oats
  • 1/4 Cup applesauce
  • 1/2 Cup water
  • dash of salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Instructions:
  1. Mix all ingredients in a microwavable bowl
  2. Heat in microwave for 3 min. stirring occasionally
  3. Let cool and serve 
* I like to add a bit of brown sugar to mine right before I eat it

Commentary:

Before I went gluten-free, I hated oatmeal.  Even as a baby, I would spit it out. Something happened though. Perhaps it was my body's way of saying 'no more Rice Chex for breakfast.' Whatever the reason, one day I decided I wanted apple crisp for breakfast.  I didn't want to take the time to make it though.  So, I grabbed my GF oats and followed the instructions on the back, with a few minor changes.  To make it more like apple crisp, I added applesauce and cinnamon.  And now, I love oatmeal. Hopefully this recipe will add variety to your breakfast and teach you to crave oatmeal too.

No comments:

Post a Comment