Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Celery Sticks

Ingredients:
  • celery
  • peanut butter
  • raisins
  • craisins (dried cranberries)
Instructions:
  1. Wash celery and blot dry
  2. Cut off bad ends
  3. Cut the rest of the celery into sticks about 5 inches long
  4. Scoop peanut butter into the celery canal so it is filled
  5. Add raisins or craisins or both on top of the peanut-butter 
  6. Serve as is 
Commentary:

Ok, I know what you're probably thinking.  'Celery Sticks? I don't need a recipe for this. Everyone has had a celery stick before.' This may be true, but sometime when you switch your diet, you forget about some of the things you can eat. 

Back when I was a single student at college, I really needed some good snacks.  My nice roommate decided to make me celery sticks to help out. Now, I had eaten these as a kid, but had kind of forgotten about them. At first I didn't want to eat them (I didn't much care for celery), but I tried them anyway.  They were delicious!  Her secret...craisins. They add a tart kick that complements the peanut butter. Because of her, I will now eat celery, and hopefully you will too.    

No comments:

Post a Comment