Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour
yields  approx. 8 ⅓ C flour

·         2 ⅔ C white rice flour
·         2 ⅔ C brown rice flour
·         1 ¼ C potato starch
·         1 ¼ C tapioca starch
·         ½  C corn starch
·         4 tsp xanthan gum

      I say multi-purpose flour because I don't like to use it for everything that calls for flour. So far it's been good for cakes, cookies, banana bread (which is basically cake), brownies, and other desserts like that. It also worked well when I used it to batter meat. It did NOT work for my pancake recipe and I don't use it to make sandwich bread. Although, I did modify Kathy's Gluten-Free White Bread recipe to get this flour mixture... Almond flour is my favorite, however, this was my attempt to come up with the cheapest GF flour recipe possible. To help with cost, I also use a home grain grinder to make my own rice flours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment